華語羅馬字

华语的上声ǎǒěǐǔ
不应当与福州语的上平ăŏĕĭŭ
相混淆。
Three C's define me: Chinese by birth; Canadian by choice; Christian by grace.
你... 你覺得我是那種會混淆的人嚜? 我只是圖方便而已. 何況我用的又不是漢語拼音
最愛還是閩東語(Eastern Ming Language)..., 欲罷不能.

平上去入
上1234
下5678
即使是通用拼音也是Caron而不是Breve呀。Wikipedia上对这两类符号的描述中都同时反复强调二者不应混淆。我之所以提出来,是因为你在我眼里是个极为严谨极为追求完美的人——这点小失误出在别人身上我无所谓,出在你身上我倒难以接受了。

Breve
A breve (pronounced /briv/, /brɛv/; from the Latin brevis "short, brief") is a diacritical mark ˘, shaped like the bottom half of a circle. It looks similar to caron (a.k.a. wedge or háček), but the caron has a sharp tip, whilst the breve is rounded. Compare Ǎ ǎ Ě ě Ǐ ǐ Ǒ ǒ Ǔ ǔ (caron) with Ă ă Ĕ ĕ Ĭ ĭ Ŏ ŏ Ŭ ŭ (breve).
Note that Pinyin uses the caron, not the breve, to indicate the third tone of Mandarin Chinese.
Caron
A caron ( ˇ ) or háček (pronounced [ˈhɑːt͡ʃɛk] or [ˈɦaːt͡ʃɛk]), also known as a wedge, inverted circumflex, inverted hat, is a diacritic placed over certain letters to indicate present or historical palatalization, iotation, or postalveolar pronunciation in the orthography of some Baltic, Slavic, Finno-Lappic, and other languages. It looks similar to a breve, but has a sharp tip, like an inverted circumflex (^), while a breve is rounded. Compare the caron: Ǎ ǎ Ě ě Ǐ ǐ Ǒ ǒ Ǔ ǔ to the breve: Ă ă Ĕ ĕ Ĭ ĭ Ŏ ŏ Ŭ ŭ.
Pinyin
The third tone (Falling-Rising or Low Tone) is marked by a caron/háček (ˇ). It is not the rounded breve (˘), though a breve is sometimes substituted due to font limitations.
我用的不是漢語拼音, 我目前沒有確定用哪一套羅馬字方案來描述華語, 所以不論聲調符號還是字母拼寫與選擇, 我都很隨性, 只要把音和調表達出來就可以了. 你應該注意到我把'伯'寫成了 buo, 而非 bo.
最愛還是閩東語(Eastern Ming Language)..., 欲罷不能.

平上去入
上1234
下5678

回復 #5 Nguang 的帖子

我还真没注意到。说实话,我现在写BUC比写Pinyin还熟练。